New year, new you, new planner! Did you know that when writing down your goals on paper, you are 42% more likely to achieve them? It’s true! If you’re looking to start the new year off on the right foot, utilizing a planner is a great place to start. Traditional planners help to ensure that you’re staying organized, making the most of your time, and achieving your goals. This is because when you see your goals written down, you are constantly being reminded of what you are working towards, which keeps you motivated and on track!
Zebra Pen has you covered for all your planning needs with our extensive line of technical and creative writing tools including ballpoint and gel pens, mechanical pencils, highlighters, markers, and more. Our SARASA, MILDLINER, and CLiCKART lines are fan favorite staples in the planning community and allow you to express yourself and create a planner that is unique to you and your goals. Ready to crush the new year ahead? Read along to explore the steps to beginning and making the most of a planner with the wide range of Zebra Pen writing instruments that are available for use.
You don’t need much to start a planner that will keep you organized and on top of your new year plans and goals. Below are a few materials to get you started but feel free to use any other supplies you feel necessary to make your planner unique to you!
- Planner/Notebook: There are several options when it comes to choosing a planner. Many retailers sell various colors, sizes, and styles of premade 12-month planners which often include the first few months of the subsequent year as a bonus. On the other hand, you could choose to use a blank bullet journal notebook to get started. Bullet journaling allows you to have more control over what is going into your planner and is completely personalized by you.
- Writing/Stationery Supplies: Zebra Pen offers an extensive line of writing tools that meet the needs of many in the planning community. Some favorites that planners have in their collection include SARASA Clip, MILDLINER, and CLiCKART.
- SARASA Clip Retractable Gel Pens: With the SARASA Clip Retractable Gel Pen, you can find comfort and precision while writing in your planner. A 0.5mm point allows for clean crisp writing that does not bleed through or smudge. An adjustable clip allows you to easily attach your pen to a notebook or planner. Available in 20 vibrant standard colors, 8 Milky colors, and 9 Decoshine colors, the SARASA Clip provides a broad range of creative possibilities for your 2023 planner.
- MILDLINER Dual-Ended Highlighters: If you’re looking to make important information stand out in your planner, the chisel tip of the MILDLINER Dual-Ended Highlighter gives you 30 color varieties to help add a mild pop of color to all your key goals and events in your new year. This highlighter is also dual-ended and offers a bullet-tip great for list making, underlining, general writing, and more! If you’re thinking of starting a bullet journal rather than using a traditional planner, you may want to check out our MILDLINER Brush Pen, perfect for lettering titles or adding a little flair to your pages.
CLiCKART Retractable Felt-Tip Marker Pens: There’s no more worrying about taking off caps or losing them with the CLiCKART Retractable Felt-Tip Marker Pens. Simply click and get right to planning with these cap-free markers that never dry out. CLiCKART is available in 36 brilliant colors that make planning your new year easier than ever.
Of course, Zebra Pen offers many more excellent products, all of which serve as ideal writing companions for your 2023 planner. We encourage you to explore our brands to find a pen, pencil, or other creative writing tool that fits best with your personal preferences. There’s something for everyone at Zebra Pen!
Putting Thoughts to Paper
Once you gather the necessary supplies and are ready to begin your planner, you want to remember to make it unique and customized to your needs, goals, and tastes. Social media is a great place to start when it comes to finding ideas on what to include, especially if you are considering starting a bullet journal. Here are a few questions you may want to ask yourself to help you find a planning system that works for you:
- How will I use my planner? (E.g., to stay organized, to keep track of and achieve my New Year’s Resolutions, etc.)
- How often will I contribute to my planner?
- What do I want to keep track of?
- How will I keep track of my goals and important dates? (E.g., day, week, or month at glance)
- Do I want to keep tabs on work, school, and personal life, or just one?
- Do I want to use my planner as a diary/mental health tracker as well?
Don’t be afraid if your planning system doesn’t seem to be working for you. You can always switch it up and change things around until you find what works best for you. A great way to start your planner is by filling in important dates you are already aware of. This can include birthdays, holidays, due dates, exams, appointments, meetings, etc. These dates will set the foundation for the organization of your planner and can always be modified as the year progresses. Checking your planner daily is also important to ensuring you are staying on track of important dates as well as your goals. Being consistent and checking your planner regularly will not only help you feel more productive but will also give you faster results!
Begin Planning for the New Year with Zebra Pens
Zebra Pen’s SARASA Clip, MILDLINER, and CLiCKART brands are just a few of the many writing tools we offer that can take your planner to the next level. If you’re interested in learning more about how to make the most of your 2023 planner and manage your time in a fun and creative way, we invite you to sign up for the free, virtual Michael’s Stores class on January 11th at 1 PM EST. Join Christine Asciutto (AKA Zebra Pen Artist Ambassador @twinkleplansherday) as she shares her planning process and creative ideas for using MILDLINER Highlighters, MILDLINER Double-Ended Brush Pens, and CLiCKART Retractable Felt-Tip Marker Pens.
Shop all Zebra Pen brands and get ready to make 2023 your best year yet!
For more enlightened writing inspiration, take a look at some of our other blogs.