Who says coloring is just for kids? Adult coloring has quickly become a very popular activity. Did you know that five of the top ten best-selling books in print on Amazon are adult coloring books?
Maybe it is because coloring has some positive benefits:
- It is proven to reduce stress and bring on a feeling of tranquility because it quiets the amygdala, the part of the brain that is affected by stress. And it is therapeutic for A-type personalities. “The activity, experts say, has a brain-quieting, stress-reducing effect on always-on professionals.”
- It is something anyone can do, even if you’re not creative.
- It’s nice to make easy, fun decisions after a long day of making important ones.
- It’s a lot like play, something we don’t get to do as adults.
- Forget crayons. Colored pencils and gel pens are ideal tools for adult coloring books. (Zebra offers both!)
- The Muse and Cleverpedia recommend these fun and stress-relieving coloring books for adults, and we agree: Best Coloring Books for Adults & 21 Adult Coloring Books that Will Make Your Stress Melt Away
- Here’s a site where you can download free coloring pages each month.
- And here’s a Zen coloring page you can download from us, and share with your friends: