Last Updated Ocotober 2021
Thank you for visiting the Zebra Pen Corporation (“Zebra Pen”). We at Zebra Pen are committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information online.
You Consent to Transfer Your Personal Information to the United States
What types of Personal Information do we collect about our online visitors?
We receive and store certain types of information from you whenever you interact with our Sites to deliver the products you request from us, and help improve your overall user experience. For example, like many other websites, we store “cookies” and other web-based files on user devices to get certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Site.
Information You Provide. We generally collect only Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us. We don’t require you to give us Personal Information to access certain public areas of our Site. This is true unless you live in a country that defines Personal Information to include network identifiers like your Internet Protocol addresses. For some secure areas of our Site, however, we require you to provide Personal Information when you use specific features. For example, we collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Ask to register for an account with us;
- Sign up for newsletters;
- Purchase our products at one of our online stores;
- Participate in promotions or surveys;
- Submit comments, reviews, or other user-generated content;
- Connect or interact with us through social networks (e.g., Facebook, Google+, Twitter); and
- Request customer or technical support.
This Personal Information, for example, may include your:
- Postal or billing address;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone or mobile number;
- Payment card information;
- Location via IP address; and
- Previous shopping history with Zebra Pen.
If you can’t or choose not to provide us with the Personal Information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you have requested.
Information Collected Through Technology. We also obtain information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our Sites function correctly and supports the work we do to understand the needs of our customers.
Payment Information. If you purchase a product on our Site, our vendor will collect payment card information from you, including your name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. We will securely transmit this information consistent with payment card industry rules to the appropriate payment facilitators.
Mobile Message Services
We may make available a service through which you can receive texts or other types of messages from Zebra Pen (such as short message service, or SMS, enhanced message service, or EMS, and multimedia message service, or MMS) on your wireless or mobile device (“Mobile Message Service”). Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download or use apps created by our Sites, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, certain player search results, and other personalized content. Examples of the device information we collect include:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services, and we encourage you to contact your device manufacturer for detailed instructions on how to do that.
Do we advertise online?
We advertise in a number of ways, including online through managed social media presences, and on other unaffiliated sites and mobile applications. To understand how our advertising campaigns are performing, we may collect certain information via our Sites through our advertising service providers. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect this information, such as browser cookies, web beacons and other, similar technologies. The information we collect includes IP addresses, the number of page visits, pages viewed via our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other websites following your visit to one of our Sites or applications, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the websites and applications where we advertise.
We also use certain information to:
- Present tailored ads, including banner ads and splash ads that appear as you log-in or off of your online accounts via our Sites;
- Identify new visitors to our Sites;
- Recognize returning visitors;
- Advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- Better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors; and
- Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Sites. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on or through our Sites. This may also include ads served on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, your postal code may be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Sites or on third party websites.
For more information about our ad service provider and its cookies, including information about how to opt out of certain targeting activities, you may visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page at www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, users may prevent Google Analytics collection of data generated by your use of the Sites (including your IP address) by downloading and installing a Browser Plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How we use and share your Personal Information?
We do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Whatever the purpose may be – whether we share with service providers or other external entities – we only process and share your Personal Information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and our legitimate business objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform support services for us, they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those support services. We may also use what we know about you to offer you other products and services. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our corporate affiliates and others for any purpose allowed by law.
Zebra Pen Business Activities. We process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or services;
- Administer contests, promotions, or surveys;
- Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices or offers tailored to you;
- Enable our advertisers to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns;
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
- Help us run our business; or
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
Authorized Service Providers. We use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Those functions include payment card processors, shipping vendors, call-center support, analyzing or hosting data on cloud-based servers, and other companies that help us improve our products and services. We may disclose your Personal Information to these companies and other individuals performing services in the United States or other locations where Zebra Pen conducts business.
What choices do you have about the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information?
If you signed up to receive newsletters or other marketing communications from us, you can opt-out any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message. You can also log-in to your account to opt-out and update your marketing preferences at any time. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences. It may take up to 10 days to process your e-mail related requests, and up to 30 days for all other marketing-related requests. And even after you’ve opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, returns or product-related inquiries, surveys or recalls, or any questions regarding a specific order.
What kinds of security measures do we take to safeguard your Personal Information?
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That’s why we have technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. For example, we encrypt payment card information you submit to us using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology that helps protect information during transport to our Site. By necessity, we transmit the entire payment card number to the appropriate credit card company through our payment processing vendor during order processing in accordance with payment card rules. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
How can you access, update, or block your Personal Information?
You can update the shipping or billing information, as well as other Personal Information, you provided to us by logging-in to the My Account page, and making the appropriate changes or corrections yourself by clicking the edit button next to “Contact Information.” You can also update your newsletter preferences by logging-in to the My Account page or contact us directly at the address below. If you wish to de-activate your account, you may do so by contacting our customer support team at [email protected]. Once you do so, your account will then be de-activated on a going-forward basis, although certain Personal Information may still be retained in accordance with our Record Retention Policy or to the extent necessary to fulfill our legitimate business needs, comply with applicable law, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Minors and Children Under 13
Our Sites are not intended for minors. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly track the use of our Sites by minors.
Our postal address is:
Zebra Pen Company
Attn.: Customer Service
242 Raritan Center Parkway
Edison, NJ 08837
For California Residents.
California Customer Records (“Shine the Light”). California Civil Code (section 1798.83) provides Zebra Pen customers who are California residents the right to request certain information about our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. California Civil Code (sections 1798.100 – 1798.199.100) provides Zebra Pen customers who are California residents additional protections relating to their Personal Information. The following consumer rights are available to Zebra Pen customers who are California residents:
- The right to know what personal information is collected;
- The right to know if your Personal Information is being sold or shared, and to whom;
- The right to object to the sale of your Personal Information (Opt-Out);
- The right to access your own personal information; and
- The right to equal service and price, even if you choose to exercise your privacy rights (Non-Retaliation).
Sale of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve months, Zebra Pen has not sold personal information.
Your Rights and how to Exercise
Deletion Request. You have the right to request that Zebra Pen delete any of your Personal Information that was collected from you and kept, with certain exceptions. Zebra Pen must receive a verifiable consumer request to delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Zebra Pen may deny your deletion request it is necessary for us or our service providers to maintain the consumer’s personal information in order to:
- 1. Complete the transaction for which your Personal Information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’ ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and you.
- 2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- 3. Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- 4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- 5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- 6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the business’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- 7. To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- 8. Comply with a legal obligation.
- 9. Otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the you provided the information.
Right to Know What Personal Information is Collected and Access to Your Personal Information. You have to right to request disclosure of your Personal Information that is collected about you by Zebra Pen, including:
- 1. The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- 2. The categories of sources from which your Personal Information is collected.
- 3. The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information.
- 4. The categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information.
- 5. The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Zebra Pen must receive a verifiable consumer request before it can disclose Collected Information or Access to such information.
Right to Know What Personal Information is Sold or Disclosed for a Business Purpose. You have the right to request disclosure of any Personal Information sold or disclosed for a business purpose by Zebra Pen, including:
- 1. The categories of Personal Information that we collected about you.
- 2. The categories of Personal Information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
- 3. The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Zebra Pen must receive a verifiable consumer request before it can disclose Sold or Disclosed Information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above, please e-mail, call, or write to us at: [email protected]apen.com
Zebra Pen Company
Attn.: Customer Service
242 Raritan Center Parkway
Edison, NJ 08837
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Response to Verified Requests
We aim to respond to all verifiable requests within forty-five days. Certain request may require up to 90 days based on number of requests and complexity of such requests. Prior written notice for the extension along with the reason for the delay shall be sent prior to the expiration of the initial forty-five days.
If Zebra Pen does not take action on your request, we shall inform you without delay and at the latest within the time period permitted of response by this section, of the reasons for not taking action and any rights you may have to appeal the decision to us.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to verifiable requests. However, if your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, Zebra Pen may either charge a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested, or refuse to act on the request and notify you of the reason for refusing the request.
Any disclosure provided to you by Zebra Pen will cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request, if applicable. The format we provide such disclosures we will such that the information is readily usable which can be transmitted without hindrance.