For over a century Zebra Pen has supplied the world with the highest quality writing instruments and marking instruments. We are a world leader in innovation and have dedicated ourselves to excellence.
Zebra has a long history of employing dedicated, innovative and motivated employees. We pride ourselves in our quality standards both in our product line and with our people.
Zebra offers a challenging environment where your talents as a leader in Marketing, Office Support, Sales and other key departments will improve and grow as we grow our business.
We are always looking for new, innovative and creative ideas. Looking for career opportunities? If you are interested in joining our team you can submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] or 242 Raritan Center Parkway Edison, NJ 08837 Attn: Human Resources. Please reference the position title in the subject of your email.
Zebra Pen Corp. is a leading manufacturer of writing instruments in the school, home, and office industries. Zebra Pen was founded 1982 as an independent corporation wholly owned by Zebra Co. Ltd., of Tokyo, Japan.
The name Zebra is as unique as the products we sell. Zebra Pen Corporation offers a full line of writing instruments including ball point pens, highlighters, mechanical pencils, gel rollerballs and correction pens.
At Zebra Pen, we pride ourselves in quality, innovation, and value. We stand behind our name and guarantee satisfaction and ultimate writing performance.
Zebra Pen Corporation – Open Position
Senior Product Manager | Edison, NJ
The Senior Product Manager will guide the overall brand strategy and positioning for Zebra products across all channels to ensure the strategic and brand integrity within the organization. The Senior Product Manager will be expected to perform business analysis focusing on sales, market share, distribution, pricing, promotion’s and merchandising activity in conjunction with the various channel marketers to identify trends and opportunities for new product and brand. The Senior Product Manager will support the Director of Marketing in managing the departmental budget and be an integral part of the development and execution of the marketing plan. As the Senior Product Manager, you will also be responsible for the creation of product positioning, its evolution into product messaging and ensuring that marketing activities are consistent with the customer value proposition. You will set product initiatives in collaboration with Product Management and the leads on each team, owning the creation and implementation of Go To Market plans. The Senior Product Manager will partner with, collaborate and lead the direction of product development through both internal and external resources. You will partner with internal cross-functional teams to optimize user acquisition activities as well as managing relationships with external vendors in agency relationships. The Senior Product Manager will create and manage player retention programs as well as leading thinking on revenue optimization. A successful candidate will provide a creative spark in thinking about both strategy and tactical marketing activities, as well as applying quantitative analysis to measure those activities. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- New product development – category assessment, competitive evaluation (product, pricing, market position), launch strategy, maintenance and adherence to profitability objectives.
- Develop product launch plans for sales force distribution focused on the key selling features and consumer/market trends.
- Develop and drive consumer studies in both product and brand awareness to identify need gaps and opportunities.
- Actively request and follow-up on new product development. Complete New Product Request Forms, which include projections, colors, estimated deliver, etc. (Account specific product forms to be completed by Sr Product Manager). Create new and revise existing BOMs to achieve maximum gross margin percentage.
- Provide overall knowledge of writing instrument category to marketing and sales department to help direct sales and growth opportunities, leveraging data analysis from Account POS, NPD and Internal Sales group.
- Conduct annual sku rationalization exercise to optimize product mix both internally and externally.
- Provide timely insights via the analysis of consumer, category (NPD), competitive and in-house data
- Manage vendor relations where appropriate and provide direction.
- Manage and develop marketing and sales materials, including price lists and sell sheets.
- Manage competitive information such as POG’s and pricing analysis.
- Aide in the coordination and maintenance of the Marketing FTP site to ensure up-to-date materials are available and accessible.
- Spearhead the relationship with our public relations firm ensuring that key events are communicated to the public in a manner that conforms to established guidelines
- Create Go-To-Market plans, feature & benefit analysis, and customer value propositions.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong Presentation skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the internet, Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Project coordination and multi-tasking with changing priorities
- Strong understanding of the retail environment, including e-commerce
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Works independently and within a team environment
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in consumer goods product/category management
- Travel Required (+/- 10%) Domestic & International
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize
- performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field preferred; MBA or equivalent experience a plus
- 10+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager (Writing Instrument experience desirable)
- Demonstrated success defining and launching connected consumer products
- Experience in player facing message strategy across channels and segments, including social media strategy, customer relationship management and recent rules of effectiveness
- Deep proficiency in data modeling and performance-based marketing
- Proven experience in analytics and KPI-driven decision-making
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Updated – November 6, 2019